Address: Eftimie Murgu Square, no.2, 300041, Timişoara
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Department
Department II of the Faculty of Pharmacy has been established in 2011 within “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara
Department II consists of the following specialized disciplines:
- Pharmacology – Pharmacotherapy – discipline coordinator Prof. Dr. Pharm. Soica Codruța
- Toxicology, Drug industry, Management and legislation – discipline coordinator Prof. Dr. Pharm. Dehelean Cristina
- Pharmacognosy – discipline coordinator Prof. Dr. Pharm. Danciu Corina
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – discipline coordinator Assoc.Prof. Dr. Pharm.Trandafirescu Cristina
- Pharmaceutical Technology – discipline coordinator Prof. Dr. Pharm. Vlaia Lavinia
- Clinical pharmacy, Communication in pharmacy, Pharmaceutical assistance – discipline coordinator Assoc.Prof. Dr. Pharm. Buda Valentina
The human resource of Department II is represented by 41 professors ,6 laboratory assistants and 1 secretary. Department II of the Faculty of Pharmacy possesses a highly qualified human resource, as well as an ongoing, updated theoretical support that offers comprehensive preparation for future pharmaceutical professionals. In this regard, the curriculum is constantly revised to ensure compliance with European standards.
The department’s disciplines are integrated into the curricula of long-term study programs (5 years) for the Faculty of Pharmacy (teaching language- Romanian and French), as well as into the curricula of the short-term licensing programs (3 years) for Pharmacy Assistance ( Lugoj) and Medical cosmetic and technology of the cosmetic product.
Additionally, the professors affiliated to this department are actively involved in the following activities:
- Research activities- materialised by winning national and international research grants, as well as national and international collaborations that have resulted in the publication of research papers in prestigious ISI journals, along with participation at national and international conferences.
- Developing and delivering postgraduate lectures for Master’s, Residency, and PhD programs
There are four PhD supervisors in Department II: Prof. Dr. Pharm. Codruţa Şoica- Head of Pharmacology – Pharmacotherapy discipline, Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy, Prof. Dr. Cristina Dehelean- Head of Toxicology, Drug industry, Management and legislation discipline, Director of the University Doctoral Studies Council (CSUD), Prof. Dr. Corina Danciu- Head of the Pharmacognosy discipline, Head of Department II, Prof. Dr. Lavinia Vlaia- Head of Pharmaceutical Technology discipline.
Members of Department II have been invited to serve as editors or are permanent editors for a number of prestigious international journals and publishing houses, including Analytical cellular pathology (Hindawi), Molecular Medicine Reports (Spandidos Publications), Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine (Spandidos Publications), Current Medicinal Chemistry (Bentham science), International Journal Of Molecular Sciences (MDPI), Molecules (MDPI), Anticancer agents in medicinal chemistry (Bentham science), Plants (MDPI), IntechOpen publishing house.