Name of the research center: Formulation and Technology of Drugs Research Center/ acronym FORMTEHMED
Director of the research center: Professor Lavinia Vlaia, PhD
Date of establishment/ acknowledgement: 05.03.2021
Formulation and Technology of Drugs Research Center, acronym FORMTEHMED, is a methodological research center operating within the discipline of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department II of the Faculty of Pharmacy, „Victor Babeş” University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timişoara.
Formulation and Technology of Drugs Research Center aims to consolidate and orient towards excellence and a wider interdisciplinarity and national and international visibility the research activity carried out at the level of the Pharmaceutical Technology discipline in the field of drug formulation and technology (especially topically applied drugs), in accordance with the Strategy and research directions of „Victor Babeş” University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Timişoara, as well as with the Strategy in the field of scientific research of the Faculty of Pharmacy.
The achievement of this general objective will be possible by fulfilling the following specific objectives:
- generating the appropriate framework to facilitate high quality training and the involvement of teachers in research activities;
- capitalizing on the potential, skills and professional competencies of the teachers, members of the research center, as well as of the other collaborators involved in the scientific activity of the center;
- the involvement of students, master students and doctoral students in the research activities carried out at the center level;
- identification of interdisciplinary research directions and development of efficient interdepartmental and inter-faculty collaborations within the university;
- development of collaborations with other universities, research centers or economic agents, from the country or from abroad, for research projects;
- dissemination of the research results by participating to prestigious scientific events, by publishing papers in high-impact factor journals, and by publishing books at national and international publishers;
- organization of scientific workshops.
Name and surname of the titular member (didactic/ research personnel)
Didactic/ research degree
Professor habil., PhD, senior pharmacist specialized in General pharmacy; pharmacist specializing in Clinical pharmacy
Associate Professor, PhD, senior pharmacist specialized in Clinical pharmacy
Senior Lecturer, PhD, senior pharmacist specialized in General pharmacy
Assistant Lecturer, PhD, pharmacist specializing in Clinical pharmacy
Associate Professor, PhD, senior pharmacist specialized in Pharmaceutical laboratory