Address: 9 Revoluției 1989 Blv., Timișoara
Head of Discipline
📧 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
📧 Email: email@example.com
📧 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
📧 Email: email@example.com
The Medical University College with the Specialization Dental Technique was established in the year 1993, operating within the Faculty of Dentistry from Timişoara, benefiting from the endowment and the teaching staff of this faculty. Subsequently, teachers and technical instructors were promoted within the Specialization of Dental Technique and as a result, the Discipline of Dental Prosthesees Technology was established, initially under the coordination of Prof. Univ. Dr. Borţun Cristina, and since 2017 the head is Prof. Univ. Dr. Porojan Liliana.
Currently, within the Discipline of Dental Prostheses Technology (Dental Technique), 4 specialized subjects are taught to students – Full Dentures Technology, Removable Partial Dentures Technology, Dental Attachments Technology (year II) and CAD / CAM Technology (year III).
Under the coordination of Prof. Univ. Dr. Porojan Liliana, who obtained her habilitation certificate in 2016 and is a part of the Doctoral School of Dentistry of the university, several PhD students conduct a scientific activity in the field of Dentistry.
The research activity is mainly focused on the following topics: CAx technologies used in Dental Prosthetics; CAD / CAE / CAM systems in Dental Prosthetics, including numerical simulations (Finite Elements Analyses) in the field of Dental Prosthetics; all-ceramic systems used in Dental Prosthetics; morphological and optical characterization of dental materials; in vitro studies on related to aging of dental materials; design concepts for removable partial dentures; dental attachments used in composite prosthetic restorations technology; modern welding procedures of dental alloys in a shielding gas medium, respectively laser welding, welding with microplasma; structural aspects and electrochemical behaviour of dental alloys; biomechanical studies of dentures. In 2020, the CMC Research Center for Advanced Technologies in Dental Prosthodontics (CTAPD) was established within the discipline.
Since 2005 until now, 8 research projects have been developed within the discipline, with multidisciplinary character, won through national competitions, which have facilitated the development of the discipline with modern equipment, which benefited the students in teaching activities and creating a base for the research activity of the current teachers and of the doctoral students within the discipline.
The research projects in which the members of the discipline have been involved so far are:
- CEEX-type ET research project: Experimental research related to the design of removable partial dentures and the promotion of new methods in their technology, contract No. 2978 / 11.10.2005. Project manager: Porojan (Sandu) Liliana
- CEEX research project – ET type: Experimental studies on the direct retention elements used in removable partial dentures restoration, contract No. 5865 / 18.09.2006. Research project director: Porojan (Sandu) Liliana
- Research grant number CNCSIS – type AT, 171/2007: Experimental research on modern welding procedures and evaluation of base metal alloys used in dental prosthetics. Project manager: Porojan (Sandu) Liliana
- PNII research project type IDEI ID_1264, contract No. 200 / 01.10.2007: Implementation and evaluation of computerized procedures in dental prosthesis technology. Project manager: Porojan (Sandu) Liliana
- PNII research project type TE_217, contract no. 102 / 12.08.2010: Applied research on the effect of framework design on the accuracy and reliability of fixed dentures. Project manager: Porojan (Sandu) Liliana
- PNII research project type TE_2014-4-0476, contract no. 182 / 01.10.2015: Biomechanical aspects regarding the prediction of fractures and the fatigue reliability of fixed dental prosthetic restorations. Project manager: Porojan Liliana
- PNII research project type ID_1878, Experimental and analytical evaluation of the durability of materials and dental prostheses based on fracture toughness and crack propagation speed. Project manager: Borţun Cristina.
- CNCSIS grant – type A, 744/2006: Studies and research for optimizing the design of removable partial dentures through computer analysis and interpretation systems in order to implement new technologies. Grant manager: Borţun Cristina.
The dissemination of the research results has materialized through publications, communications at conferences, specialized courses, in order to disseminate the knowledge to students and young practitioners. Opportunities have also been created for collaborations and further studies.