Address: Eftimie Murgu Square, no. 2, 300041, Timişoara
Phone: 0256/204250, int. 1415
Head of Discipline
The Anatomy and Embryology discipline aims to become one of main values of the Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy from Timisoara, the main goal being that of becoming the best instrument and the best way of studying the structure of the human body, aiming to integrate the anatomical knowledge in the clinical context, so that the information could be used afterwards, both as a knowledge base for students but also for the resident doctors and the young specialist doctors. For us, the professional integrity and the trust are the fundamental values. For us, the student becomes the spotlight in the educational context. We will succeed in the anatomical education by:
- developing strong and substantial knowledge in the anatomy field;
- integrating this knowledge in a clinical context and incorporating everything in a database;
- developing and using modern, current, innovative, and efficient teaching methods, based on the resources that the Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy possesses and based on the ample experience of the professors;
- actively involving the students in the learning process by using high quality learning method;
- substantially improving the medical education by integrating the students in the scientific research activity.
The Anatomy and Embryology specialty engages to actively participate to the medical education activities inside the Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara, supporting university’s efforts to distribute the medical knowledge both to the academic community but also to the society. Our aim is based on developing and promoting the knowledge of the biomedical domain of the macroscopic anatomy, of the human development anatomy, of the clinical anatomy and that of the continuous medical learning and educational process.